Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Comings and Goings

While I'm in work searching for popular Japanese sports men/women or famous movie stars to quiz my kids with, I thought I should make the effort to make an entry. As you can probably guess it's been crazy, hence the lack of posting, so here goes with the catch up.

Typhoon

Although it was very very windy, with pretty heavy rain, the typhoon wasn't so bad. Our houses are pretty sheltered so there was nothing really to worry about. I just sat around eating pringles and chocolate and chatting with Melissa! Anyway, the next day I was really sick, probably all the pringles, well actually I don't know but I had to call in sick. I was pretty gutted seen as I would be missing an elementary school day which are always great! Anyway, I couldn't go in, puking on the kids would not have gone down well.

School!

Thankfully my supervisor understood about my illness, and Melissa came round in the evening and made me chicken soup, bless. Anyway, my elementary school day had been shifted to Thursday, yey! It was such good fun, the kids are so cute and fun. I mean I was shattered by the end with all the singing and dancing and general acting like a complete idiot, but it was so much fun! I wish I had elementary twice a week! JHS has gone pretty well too, just it'S less about fun and more about grammer, reminded me about why I was useless at French! The kids are still great though!

General Island Bla

So I had an enkai that was really cool, the staff were really nice,and three did a funny dance for me, which everyone then had to do and I was pretty useless at. It'S nearly as amusing as the ridiculous welsh dance I have to do, in which I skip back and forth and in a circle. I'm such an awful representative of Wales! Anyway, went to a really nice snack bar afterwards, and one of the girls that workied there kept on making me sing english songs she liked.....this included Avril Latrine or whatever her name is, I sucked! Anyway, Carrie picked me up at the end and took me to Ippei's place where I found a very drunk Alistair and a slightly over excitable guy named Jonathan who was staying with Lori. It was quite entertaining to see Jonathan teaching the Japanese people rude american words and gestures......good to know an ALT can teach in any setting! Any way, we went home at 1am, and I made Alistair toast and put him to bed....none of which he can remember but I'm not suprised really.

The next day many people came to the island to party. It rained cats and dogs all day, like worse than the typhoon! There was about 14 people crammed into my house which was cool, but it got full of water. The night went really well, lots of food and drink, and George only let us pay for the pizzas! Most of us moved on to Karaoke where some comedy photos were taken with the use of the many props!

Anyway, I don't have time to write more, going out for dinner with Lori. Will write soon though, started Tai chi on Monday nights, it's really really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home