Friday, September 02, 2005

Why do we all hate spiders?

JUST REMINDING EVERYONE THAT NEW PHOTOS BEGIN AT THE TOKYO BLOG ENTRY, BACK IN JULY. ANYONE LOOKING FOR THESE PHOTOS PLEASE START THERE. THANKS.

I have become quite calm about bugs now that I'm in Japan. A spider landed on my foot the other night and I didn't freak out, it was only a jumping one, but normally I may have screamed. I actually let them live in the house if their not in my way. Anyway, I started thinking about why everyone hates spiders, I mean, they can't hurt you (the ones in Britain and this island anyway) and they eat other destructive bugs like ants and mosquitoes. Spiders are pretty good really, and I feel bad that they have such a bad reputation. So, why is it that we fear them so much, I mean more so than ants, ladybirds, catapillars etc. Some bugs have a justified fear factor, like the evil centipede that can poison you, or cockroaches, that can make you ill. Spiders however are your friends! We should embrace them.

On the line of bugs, I met my first centipede on Tuesday. After going to the gym with Carrie, Melissa and Catherine, we went to the locker room. Melissa and Carrie went to the showers and me and catherine were just sat playing with our phones. Anyway, they go to get out the shower when Melissa screams. Catherine jumps on the chair/sofa thingy wailing like nobodys business and saying 'it can kill you'. What she means is kill a baby, but obviously the situation felt quite life threatening to her. She told me to run out and get someone (they give off a disgusting odour when they die to attract other bugs) so I calmly exit the changing room and ask for help. The bug was killed, by a shoe, and no one died. It was huge though, yuk!!

Had an enkai last night with my base school, it was good fun but finished early because of work today. The food was amazing though, I had this delicious egg rice thing, I could eat it every day, yum. Most of the teachers left after the meal, but I went to karaoke with 6 of the male staff, and sung my heart out again. No love proposals thankfully, well one guy did say he looked forward to 'doing' me the next year but think (hope) his english was just a bit poor. My JTE made a really funny speech (they all had to introduce themselves), he stood up and said "today I'm wearing red lacy knickers, they are very sexy. Maybe I will present them to you sometime. They are very smelly!" Was pretty darn funny.

No hangover this morning, yey, and can't wait for the weekend. Think I have an enkai tonight but I'm not sure. I'm going to have the longest lie in in the world tomorrow and clean and relax. Right, thats it for now, will try and put the rest of my photos up soon once I get a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home