Monday, September 05, 2005

Typhoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

School has been cancelled tomorrow because the super typhoon Nabi is headed our way. We've been warned to stay indoors and tape up windows, at the moment its blowing a gale and pretty heavy rain, but just like a wet day in Wales really. The typhoon is due to hit tomorrow at three, and I've heard loads of mixed things. Some people say we're in the red zone, others say it won't effect us at all, but whatever it shouldn't effect me too much, just means a day off school! Me, Melissa and Carrie went to the supermarket earlier to buy up food and water and nothing was there. All the bread and milk had been sold out, and the noodle cups! I stocked up on shocho and pringles so I'll be fine.

I had my first teaching day at school today, and it went really well! I had three classes and I basically did the same self intro for all three. The kids were really really genki and worked really well. They were so sweet it was brilliant.

Anyway, going to continue preparing for typhoon and will give a proper update soon. Just thought I'd let you know a typhoon will be here soon!!!!

5 Comments:

At 2:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh, day off school - lucky for some, some of us have been barricaded in the staff room while the winds batter the windows...still, typhoon only seems to mean windy with a bit of rain, so it's not too bad...

 
At 2:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's soooooooooooo windy!!!! Keep safe! C xxx

 
At 6:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

day off school huh?
hope you are having a good time in japan. stay safe

 
At 9:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Vicky...its your ex-housemate Sean...Robert informed of your site, so i thought id have a quick nosey...typhoon eh?...dont wear a hat!...well anyways hope everythings going well...

p.s. you owe Mr Rea gas and leci money...haha!

 
At 9:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*informed me (i must correct mistakes!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home