Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Going back in time!

During the free time I had on Monday morning (the kids at Uonome were being tested) I tried to upload as many photos as I could from thw past few weeks. I only got half way through but will show these photos for now and put the rest up later.

I begin on the sunday of the Big Mans visit to Kamigoto, which was also my sports day. He, Alistair and Carrie came and watched which was really sweet of them. I had to run around alot and had a great deal going on, so it was nice to have some people there with me

This is the sports team relay, where the kids do the sports while running

This is the PTA doing a routine of some form. It has a proper name but it escapes me at the moment. The kept on throwing it up in the air and charging with it. Pretty cool.

There are two teams in the sports day, A and B. They both have to design a poster, and I thought team A's was really good. Its from a anime about a tennis player apparently.

Both teams also have to do a dance routine/show type thing. This is team A. Theirs was pretty funny, with three boys dressed in crop tops who fought the guy in yellow by thrusting their crotches at him!!!! Then they all danced!!!

Team B's dance show was really slick with lots of gymnastics.

All the children have to do this dance where they acted out different things. This is hanabe (fireworks). I caught it just when the firework is going off. I have more pictures of this dance, it was so amazing what the kids can do.

Here is a prime example of acrobatics at school, which is quite scary as there were no mats on the floor. The kid at the top of this tower we've nick named 'too cool for school'.

This is an impression of the monument in Nagasaki peace park.

I do have alot more sports day photos a which I will update another time.

Now this next photo is from Lori's trip to the hospital.....and they say Japan is technologically superior!!!
To be fair they were in the middle of re doing the place, still, I saw a giant cockroach...ewww! Can you imagine what would happen in Britain, it would be privitisation before you knew it.

After my sports day I was granted a day off, and me and Catherine went to visit a waterfall together and had a picnic by the beach. It was another romantic trip, awww. It was good to have a relaxing day and nice to see some moer of Kamigoto that I hadn`t visited yet. Isn't this a lovely picture of Catherine!

These are all photos from the festival in Fukue the weekend before last. I don't have time to write with them now as I'm about to be abducted by Elementary school to make another ridiculous video and probably dress as some strange halloween character and just basically look like a fool!!! Sorry guys, it will get done soon!


























3 Comments:

At 6:42 pm, Blogger Rhys said...

Hey, glad you're having fun. Always good to see pictures from you, and you haven't changed much.

One thing I don't get is the sports relay. You basically play sports while running, capiche?

Also, is it just me or does that waterfall look like Aber Falls? (despite the fact they're both waterfalls)

 
At 1:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey
the pics are amazing- so colourful and it looks so exciting. I look out the window and all I can see is grey and rain- what a depressing contrast!

 
At 9:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Vicky,
It was really good speaking to you the other day. I'm glad you are having so much fun.I miss you lots and lots.I will look at flights very soon and come visit you I promise. Send me an e-mail of things you want me to send to you. I'll call you next week sometime. Hope you have fun when your mum comes to visit you. Speak to you soon. Be good!!
Suzanne. X

 

Post a Comment

<< Home