Saturday, July 09, 2005

Big 'Angry' Daikon


I was told about this forum at the orientation for Japan. It's a forum for new and current JETs, and others who just seem to post anyway. I assumed it would be full of useful information, and happy cheerful people like the ones I had met that weekend. How wrong I was.

The forum is full of angry people who seem to hate Japan, JET, and people in general. I must add it's one of the funniest things I have read for ages, and all must be taken with a great big pinch of salt. Anyway, some of the characters I have already met, and some I will meet in Tokyo, and to be honest the newbies are a tad more positive then the people out there. It's really interesting, I think most of the anger comes from how liberating the internet can be. You don't care what you say because you can't see the person. Then some people take it just as seriously as face-to-face communication and get angry back. I have not yet posted on there due to fear, people are mean! I advise anyone with spare time who needs entertaining to check it out though.

Apart from spending time browsing Big Daikon, I have been trying to organise myself for Japan. I have found a lovely laptop to buy, and I'm trying to find a digital camera now. I haven't quite become a social hermit yet though, after learning someone cared for me alot less than I anticipated I've been avoiding the computer and going out. I had a bit of a reunion at whetherspoons last night actually, bumping into people I hadn't seen for years. It was a tad surreal but in a good way.

Anyway, I'm going to try and get more of a life so I have something more interesting to say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home