Thursday, July 07, 2005

Terrorist attack in London

I have been watching the news about the explosions in London since I woke up this morning, as I'm sure many of you have. So far the news tells me that there have been 7 explosions on both the underground and the buses, there have been fatalities, and al-Qaida have been named by arab forces as the group responsible.



Explosions have happened at Liverpool Street, Aldgate East, Edgware Rd, Kings Cross, Moorgate, Russell Square tube stations. A bus was also targeted. I'm sure many of you know the situation, and those who don't can read more here.

This situation had been predicted, and that's why I think the emergency services have worked so fast to stop anything else happening. This has been an awful incident.

I began writing this at 10am, and since then more information has come to light. A splinter group from al-Qaeda are claiming responsibility, which was expected by many. This attack will have a great impact on British society. At the moment London does seem quite calm, and united, and the emergency services and British public dealt with the situation extremely well. Regardless of this I worry for the impact upon other aspects of society in the future. Hopefully London won't turn in on itself and the muslim community

For now though I can only think of the victims and their families.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 am, Blogger Rhys said...

I think the most reassuring thing is what you mentioned in your post

"al-Qaida have been named by arab forces"

To get that arab co-operation before 9/11 would be suprising, as the largely the arab world was (civilly, I may add) against the Western World for their beliefs.

Now they realise that it's not arabs attacking us, america and other westerners, but sick monsters. That can only be a good thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home