Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A month left in Britain

With only four weeks before I fly out to Japan I have finally got some more information about where I will be living, who I will be teaching and what my island looks like.



The photo above is of the island I will be living on, and came from the website my agency gave me. I will try and put a link to it once someone shows me how. It looks so beautiful, and I'm very excited about going now. I recieved an e-mail today from a girl who is currently teaching out there, and she gave me loads of information. I will be teaching in 2 high schools and 4 primary schools. Apparently I visit the high schools twice a week and the primary schools once a week, but I only have to make lesson plans for the primary school classes.

The weather is hot, it's 30 degrees at the moment and it never really goes any lower than 20 degrees in the winter. I'm really looking forward to having some sun! I also found out some details about my house, it sounds quite big and I have a western bed (which is a shame because I was excited about having a futon to sleep on). I also have a spare room so visitors are welcome. I also think I will have other JETs on the island with me, which is a big relief. I should have two at the least so I shouldn't feel that isolated. I should be finding out more information soon, I sent a reply to the JET with loads of questions, poor girl.

I can't believe how nervous I was about going last week, I nearly contemplated not going at all! I feel so positive now though, it's so exciting! Who could possibly turn down the chance to work on a tropical island in Japan!

Oh, I also realized I never really gave the resolution to my dress issue. Well I found two really nice dresses in size 12 for only £60, and also discovered the shop of my dreams! 'Where?' I hear you ask, TK Maxx Well, TK Maxx is amazing, it's so cheap but the clothes are so nice and good quality. I'm going to spend a day in there getting clothes for Japan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home