Sunday, June 12, 2005

Dress for a wedding

I'm currently facing the dilemma of trying to find a dress suitable for both my dads wedding and my graduate ball. As both are a few days apart and I have limited funds I am trying to get one that will be good for both. I've put off the task in an attempt to loose weight, and have sucessfully lost half a stone, yet buying a new dress is still a tad worrying. I hate how in one shop I fit a size 12 and in another I've grown to a size 16 in the space of 10 minutes. I'm sure Topshop has something against me.

Along with all this weight concern I was reading how western women who are size ten have to find seperate shops for their figures while living in Japan, so life for me will be quite hard I think. Japanese women are very thin and my frame will look quite abnormal.

Anyway, back to dress shopping, I really can't be bothered. I know that I'll probably have to persuade my good friends Cristin and Suzanne to come with me, and after hours of deliberation I will probably choose a dress I still feel uncomfortable with. Life was so much easier when I was thin! It all fell apart when I was writing my dissertation, I felt obliged to eat everything I saw.

It is strange how shopping can be either the most stressful or most relaxing experiance in the world. For example, clothes shopping is currently quite a traumatic experiance, and I usually leave feeling like a giant whale surrounded by super human thin pretty women, who always do their hair and make-up before they leave the house. Christmas shopping, however, I will always leave until the last minute, just to enjoy the buzz and stress of the other late shoppers who have no idea what to buy.

Anyway, I now have a week and £100 to find a dress, wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At 5:57 pm, Blogger Icciv said...

Thanks for the tip with a trouser suit, and glad to know someone else feels the same. I'm going shopping tomorrow which should be traumatic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home