Friday, June 16, 2006

Hangover cure!

Right now, I'm desperately craving a big jacket potatoe, with baked beans and cheese. It was one of my favourite healthy meals and when I was in uni me and the girls used to get one the day after a big night out. Unfortunately Japan has only smal potatoes, and no baked beans, and anyway I'm in work and I doubt they'd let me nip home to eat my favourite hangover food! Still, I miss it!

Last night me and Lori headed to BB to watch the England game. I feel really lucky to have a pub full of football fans to watch the world cup with (this is rare in Japan, even more so on a small island). The game last night was great and made even better by the company. They even had that awful England song 'Vindaloo' to put on at the end of the match. Unfortunately the excitment of the game meant I had to drink and by the time the match finished (3am Japan time) I was a little tipsy. I went to bed armed with a bottle of water and managed to eat a banana before stumbling to school this morning, but nothing beats a jacket potatoe! I hope lunch is good today.

I've gone slightly football crazy at the moment, it's all I talk about in school. Watching the Japan game last Monday was gutting. I really wanted Japan to win that game because Croatia and Brazil are going to give them a hard time. The next Japan game is on Sunday but I can't imagine the same atmosphere will be present at BB. For now I think the football fans at BB have adopted England as their plan B team, which suits me fine. It was great last night when everyone was dancing and celebrating with me, yey!

Football aside, things on the island have had a far more positive feel to them recently. Last week hailed the start of the 'rainy season' which I assumed meant that it would start to rain and not stop until mid July. I later found out that the 'rainy season' is when it rains sometimes but when it's not rainy it's sunny. I'd rather call this 'changeable' and label all of Spring as the rainy season as it never did anything but rain then...and there wasn't even sun. Thankfully this 'rainy season' we've had far more sun, the weather has been beautiful and I think this has cheered everyone up. My students are especially more genki about english recently, and last week me and Melissa took four third year girls to karaoke! I'm talking to the students so much more and I feel a lot more involved in whats going on.

Right now I have to make some decisions for summer. Whether to travel to Thailand and do some volunteer work, or stay in Japan. I'm tight for leave and money, and I'm hoping to do an Indonesia volunteer trip over Christmas. I've given myself until next Friday to decide because I have to contact the volunteer co-ordinator soon. Oh, decisions decisions!

4 Comments:

At 12:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your Blog and you are indeed blessed to have a pub to watch the games in. I live in a "city" and there isn't even one place to watch the games :o(
Kieran
P.s. Potato, I'm Irish, I should know this one!

 
At 3:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi vicky,

You must be at the pub waiting for the England match to start now.
Thought I'll drop by to say hi. Just a little info, many Singaporeans have a soft spot for the England team cos the EPL is the most followed soccer league here : ) Good luck for your team later!

Cheers,
Teresa

 
At 3:10 pm, Blogger Icciv said...

Kieran - Good to know I have some readers. Thanks for the spelling advice too...and I teach english!

Teresa - Good to know I'll have another England supporter out here soon. I hope your getting very excited.

Rhys - I'm in Japan, it would be rude not to support England. Holland are my back-up team though.

 
At 10:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey wass up . at that time when you watched game,I slept in my bed.....

I surprised that goto people could wake up even if it was late night.

if I have money I want to go to somewhere too.

if... I have....money.....


tokyo is great . but I do not want to go out recently.
I have a lot of things to do....

I could enjoy reading your blog . thanks

yuki

 

Post a Comment

<< Home