Thursday, November 24, 2005

A popular British topic.

It's getting cold here now. It's so cold in my house that when I use the toilet in the middle of the night, my bed is freezing again on my return. When I lived in Lnacaster in my last year, the house was always cold. Me and Emma would wear dressing gowns over our clothes and sit in bed as soon as we got home just to stay warm. However, my workplace and the university were places to get warm. This is not the case in Japan!

I'm currently sat at elementery school with a coat on, shivering as I use the computer. They leave the windows open around the school and there is NO heating what so ever! At the moment it's not as cold as Britain, but the lack of heating and insulation means it feels quite cold. Thankfully I haven't taken this as bad as the otehr ALTs, Melissa is not used to living without heat, and she's already concerned about January. I have a kotatsu (heated table) and an electric heater, and Melissa has a heated carpet, so we'll be fine. Just wish school was warm, the poor students!

Anyway, I know I haven't written a thing in forever, but it's really got busy, my workload and activities. I'm going to try and update on Friday, but lets see. I'm going to see the Pixies on Saturday so very excited.....tiny venue, should be amazing. Also booked a holiday for Christmas, YEY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home