Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Big smile!

I found out some news last week that made me very very happy. So happy that I actually danced outside Melissa's door for five minutes while telling her the news. I found out that Cristin is moving to Kagoshima. Cristin is one of my very best friends from home. We met while I was at uni, and me, her and Suzanne spent large amounts of time drinking tea, drinking beer, watching neighbours, talking for hours, making hilarious prank phone calls, and singing lots. I've really missed both her and Suzanne while I've been away. I have known Cristin was going to be teaching for GEOS for some time now, but I didn't know where. I didn't want to get my hopes up incase she was put in Hokkaido, where I would only see her once a year as it's so far. Thankfully she was placed in Kagoshima, a mere 4 hours train ride from Nagasaki. This means that we can easily meet up for weekends and long holidays, and we should see each other often. I'm even happier because Cristin's birthday is two weeks after she arrives, and I can celebrate with her. Hopefully we can go to Mitsu Greenland (the theme park me and Will visited last year) and have a great time. I'm getting even more excited now I think about it. I couldn't think of anyone better share my experiances of Japan with. I know Cristin will take every challenge that faces her in her stride, and I can't wait to show her all the exciting and weird things Japan has to offer. She's great fun and I really really can't wait.
Cristin at a scarecrow festival in Lancaster.

In sad news though England are out of the World Cup. I think they played well, and it was a sad result, and I now hate stupid Ronaldo even more than before. He's an arrogant little so and so being all pouty and thinking he's cool. I'm also shocked at the loss of both Argentina and Brazil from the tournament, especially as I put money on them. I don't like any of the teams remaining in the game, and so I'm glad they are all on exceptionally early so I can't watch them anyway. I have also noticed I've been getting a little bit of stick for supporting England (Cristin and Rhys). I am aware I'm Welsh, and if Wales were playing I'd back them all the way, but there not. England are my reserve team, I live right next to the country, I have English friends, we are all in the United Kingdom, I can sing the national anthem, I know the players. It just makes sense to support England.

Aside from watching football there isn't really much news. I'm happy because I've found enough activities that I enjoy to fill my week. I was really excited to discover a dance class which is practising for the dance festival in Urakuwa and Sasebo this year. Lori called me about going last week, though we didn't realy know what to expect. It was great, the dance is quite complicated but a great workout and so much fun. Me, Lori and Melissa are all taking part. I just hope I learn quickly! Judo has been good but painful, lots of ab work and push ups. The throws can be quite a shock to the body too, I have to learn to fall better.

This weekend was busy, I played volleyball with Uonome JHS on Saturday which was fun, I quite like the game! On Sunday I had work, the cutting grass thing. I cut grass for an hour and a half in the sun wearing a straw hat that someone had lent me. I looked like a right tool. After lunch we played basketball which again was my first time (basketball being a boy only sport in my high school) though I didn't do too badly. We won a game anyway.

In final news, it's hot. It's really humid and sticky hot! I like the heat but my hair is very angry with me. We're currently arguing most days, which makes me frustrated. Anyway, time to get back to work.

2 Comments:

At 3:09 pm, Blogger Sierra said...

I'm constantly arguing with my hair in this humidity too. I've decided to use lots of bobby pins to get it back into place!!

 
At 11:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Vicky

Not sure if you'll remember me as I was at school with you back in North Wales! My name's Elen Pierce - I think I was the year above you - or two at Eirias High. I know my brother David is good friend's with John. I also established today that your mum works in the same place as me - Llandrillo College! I had a meeting with her today and at the end of it she suddenyl said "your David's sister aren't you!?" That's when she started telling me about your trip to Japan! Wow! I really admire you for that! You must really like it there to stay so long. What degree are you studying? Can you speak any Japanese at all? Sorry to send this message on here, but I wasn't sure if you had an e-mail address. If you want to reply my e-mail address is e.pierce@hotmail.co.uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home